Itty Bitty Magnets

These little magnets are great for the fridge or filing cabinet. I made a set for my friend's daughter out of letters in the alphabet for when she started to spell, and she loves it. Here's how I did it...

First, you'll need to get a set of glass marbles that have one flat side. I got mine at the dollar store in the section where all of the candles are. I also grabbed a bunch of magnet buttons from Michaels. I think that I paid $4 for 100 of them, which is a great deal. Wash all of the glass to make sure there's no dust on them.

Next, you'll want to stamp a bunch of small images onto cardstock. I used regular classic ink, it works perfectly. For the pictures here I used "little pieces" however I've also used "alphadots" and they fit great as well. I gave them to my friend's daughter in a tin, and on top of the tin I put her name made in glass magnets. She loved it! Punch out these images with a ½" circle punch.

When you have everything punched out you'll want to put a very small dot of crystal effects glue on the flat side of the marble. Place the stamped image face down onto the glue and press it to secure it in place.




Once you've adhered the image, now put another dot of crystal effects on the back of the cardstock and attach the magnet. A little bit of glue may seep out around the magnet and this is fine. Let the finished magnet sit for 10-15 minutes before putting it on the fridge. You want the glue to dry completely before using it. If you don't then the magnet may slip off the glass. Here's a close-up of the finished project:
Created by Alesha Walls ©Stampin' Up! 2001-2007

2 comments:

Marla said...

I *love* these....was all set to run out to the dollar store to get the marbles, but realized I don't have any crystal effects.....wahhhhh!

Becca said...

I am heading to the dollar store tommarrow .. oh how I love new projects!!! hhehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...