Easy way to tie a simple bow....

First, you want to start with a piece of ribbon that is about 3" longer than the piece of cardstock that you are wrapping it around. For this, I used Black Grosgrain ribbon. It is 7" long. Thanks Marla for being a great hand model!

Next, find the mid-point of the ribbon. At this point, wrap it around your finger and tie it in a knot. I will tie a double-knot just to make sure that it doesn't come loose. Please be careful not to tie it so tight that you cut off circulation. You will have a loop in the middle of your ribbon now.

Slip the loop off your finger. Use scissors and cut the loop... and voilĂ ... you've got a bow! Wrap the two ends of the ribbon around your card, secure with adhesive and you're finished.



Here's a finished card using this ribbon:All images ©Stampin' Up 2001-2007

6 comments:

Marla said...

Helpful hint ~ don't tie the ribbon so tight that you cut off your circulation ~ notice how red the tip of my finger is....LOL

Sure wish I'd gotten a manicure ~ but seriously, this is a great way to get a perfect tie from now on; thanks for teaching us how to do it!

Mary Campbell said...

Thanks for sharing. This looks so simple. I think I will tie it around a marker. I don't think I could tie it around my own finger and I don't have a hand model.

HeyHeyPaula said...

Good tip. I with Mary - I think I'll use a marker too.

HeyHeyPaula said...

Sorry that should say I'm with Mary!

Anonymous said...

Alesha,
what a cool idea. Thanks for the tutorial. Love your blog. Ali

Sharon said...

Ummm, that's not a bow -- it's a knot.

Kewl card, though!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...