My layout for the scrapbook swap....

One of my stamping girlfriends Inge is hosting a swap on Monday. We all chose a month (I chose October) and once we're finished swapping I'll have a whole year's worth of layouts to fill a scrapbook! What a fabulous idea. This is the left side of the page only (the right is still drying).
So on this layout there are some really cool details. First - I am just in LOVE with the booglie eyes stamp set. Don't you love the mummy? I framed all of the monsters with the scallop circle punch, and shaded the outside of the punch. Then I painted and cut out all of the monsters and adhered them to the inside of the scallops. I also used the Halloween designer paper as an accent. From this designer paper I pulled out three colours: pumpkin, mustard and rust. These are the three colours that I used in the mattes for the photos.

I also used a cobweb technique to frame the photo mattes (to see the tutorial, just scroll down).

I also wanted to use up a bunch of my scraps. I always seem to have a whole bunch of these left over after scrapping - so this is a great way to utilize them. I used my "rough edges" alphabet and attached some Halloween phrases to the sides of the photo mattes. I also sponged the edges of the phrase tags, just so they would match the photo mattes well.

4 comments:

Becca said...

THats fabulous!! Is that the layout I get on monday???? SOOO Excited!!!!!

Alesha Walls said...

Yep! It's for group 1 of the swap! I can't wait to see everyone elses!

Marla said...

Wow, Alesha, I absolutely LOVE this LO.

9kids said...

Hey, Alesha, I loved this one so much I CASE'd it....put my version on my blog and gave you credit for it. Sure hope that's ok ~ if not, LMK and I'll take it down. It's sooooo cute that I knew I just HAD to see what I could do with it. You're a genius!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...