Remember my girlfriend Marla?...... I would love to do more for her... can you help?

Well, I just emailed Marla some news and I really hope that it brightens up her day. If you're not up to date, she had a horrible house fire just over three weeks ago. You can read all about it on her blog. Well, she lost everything in the fire and I just felt like I wanted to do something. Marla is a great woman, a mother of nine, a wonderful wife and a truly creative genius.

So I contacted all of my demonstrator friends. They were generous enough to mail me a bunch of stamp sets, cardstock, and other stamping supplies to gift to her. I have a nice tote full of items to gift to her. Being that she's such a creative person, I hope that this gives her a little calm.

Since I first posted about her, I have received dozens of emails from other stampers asking how they could help. So here's two ways that you can spread the love:

If you would like to send a donation of stamping supplies to Marla, please email me privately. Marla has requested that I hold onto the items until she's properly settled. I will give you my address. I also have a list of items that I've already received, and if you let me know what you'd like to give, I can make sure that there are no duplicates.

You can also send a RAK to the fire fighters who helped her and her family. This is what Marla had to say about them: "I do want to make a thank you card for the firefighters, though. Those guys were amazing. There were about 20 of them at our home that day, and they went into what was already an inferno when they arrived, searching our home to make sure no one was there. I can't say enough about them ~ having never seen them in action before, I had no idea the danger they subject themselves too. They are amazing men and women." If you visit her blog... there is an address that you can send the cards to.

5 comments:

Gina Wrona said...

Yes I'd like to help.

Deborah said...

Today when I read this post over at Allison's blog, I thought we are on the same page here! I am going to post a 'STAMP RAK' for Marla. Gently used or new stamps could be donated to Marla so she can begin a new collection! I just mentioned this to my DD in Calgary the other day! I am in the states, do you think I should have the stamps sent to Marla or to you?I will also link you on the Stamp RAK post! Does she have a PO box now? I am waiting for Marla to contact me. Bless you! Deb

Deborah said...

Today when I read this post over at Allison's blog, I thought we are on the same page here! I am going to post a 'STAMP RAK' for Marla. Gently used or new stamps could be donated to Marla so she can begin a new collection! I just mentioned this to my DD in Calgary the other day! I am in the states, do you think I should have the stamps sent to Marla or to you?I will also link you on the Stamp RAK post! Does she have a PO box now? I am waiting for Marla to contact me. Bless you! Deb

Becca said...

Hi alesha I have been collecting clothes and stuff for her little boy. I have a bunch of stuff that I was going to bring to the meeting for her. is there somewhere that I can drop it off that it will get to her? THanks

Marla said...

Omigoodness....what an odd feeling to be reading about myself on someone else's blog. Alesha, you and the rest of our stamping friends are making me cry. I'm so very, very grateful to know all of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...