A very exciting and amazing few days!

I'd like to introduce our little addition to the Walls family - Rachel Amelia! She was born on Friday Oct 26th at Victoria Hospital.

Thankfully labour was quite quick - started at 10am. The contractions were very frequent but fairly mild. We went up to the hospital from 1:30-2:30 just to see if it was "false labour." We were told that I was 1cm and could stay that way for several days. We went home, but had to go back in at 5:45pm as things were, um, "in progress". I was 8cm and she was impatient & breech. The nurses were completely shocked that I walked into the delivery triage. Things got quite hectic, no time for meds, and being wisked off for an emergency c-section that I had to be completely put under for.
After a few days in the hospital getting to know each other (and recover) we are now happily getting settled at home. Things are starting to get smooth for us all. Thankfully my Mom has been staying with us here and will be here for the rest of the week. It's so nice seeing her as a Grandma... and Grandpa just loves cuddling with her - he actually doesn't put her down much. Rachel loves having company over and we just love having her around!

9 comments:

Allison said...

Congrats Alesha!

Jules said...

Congratulations, that is great!

Marla said...

I've been stalking your blog since your last post....I *knew* she was here! Congrats and I LOVE her name!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations to you and your family!

eryn said...

Congrats! She's beautiful!! I suspected with your blog being so quiet that you were busy snuggling!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! She's gorgeous. Hope you're getting lots of rest.

Karen in Toronto aka greendream on SCS

Christi said...

Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful!!

Jacqui Saunders said...

Congratulations to both you and Jamie on the addition of that beautiful little girl!! I am soo happy for you. I am also very anxious to have my turn and holding that precious little one so when you are up for a visit-I will be patient and give you a "few" weeks. Then I am coming knocking!!LOL!! Enjoy!

Croppycatter said...

Congratulations!! She's a beautiful baby!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...