Tutorial: 4x4 Chipboard Scrapbook

The Supplies needed for this project: Four 4x4 pieces of Chipboard. I used chipboard coasters (similar to what you'd get in a bar/restaurant). I also cut eight 4x4 pieces of Designer Series paper. The paper that I used for this project is from the "Ginger Blossom" collection. There is a dotted DS paper from the same collection that I used on the background. You'll also need adhesive, ribbon and a crop-o-dile.

First: You want to put adhesive along the outside edges of the chipboard. Make sure that it is well covered and close to the edge. I used 3M tape in my ATG gun. Sticky tape works well and so does snail adhesive.

Second: Once all of the pieces of chipboard are covered punch holes in the chipboard. I used a crop-o-dile to do this. I'm not sure if you can see this but there's a setting on the crop-o-dile to measure how far your punch is from the edge. My punches are all 1" from the edge.

Third: Thread ribbon through the holes to bind the pages together. I used Rose grosgrain ribbon to thread the pages together here. Then I tried Burgundy and Pink ribbon to the Rose ribbon.





Last: Add in your photographs and embellish the book however you'd like. I have to admit that I'm absolutely over-the-moon about these rub-ons. The Rub-ons were the only embellishment that I added next to the ribbon. To see the finished project, please take a look at yesterday's post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...