Oh.... when you fall in LUV! (and a cool tip!)

I couldn't believe how easy it was to punch scallop edges with my new scallop punch. Seriously - takes seconds.... and I am SOOOO happy about that. I really love the scallop effect, but I really hated lining everything up with my slit punch, so I rarely did it.

Okay... so now onto my ***did it really just do that*** tip.... I just used my scallop punch to make ric rac! Yep - I can't believe it. I was playing around, flipped it, and out came HAND MADE RIC RAC! Holy crow - I haven't been this excited about a punch since I learned how to extend a tag punch.

So here's how I did it: (the simplicity is just too much)
Step 1:
Use a piece of card stock that is one inch wide. Punch the whole length of it with the scallop punch.
Step 2.
Flip it over. Move it slightly so the scallops don't line up. Shown below. Punch it again the whole length of the card stock. So isn't that fabulous. And super easy. Here's the final card that I made with it. Ah. I have fallen in love with my new scallop punch. I used the new stamp sets "Heard from the heart" and "Deer friends". The ink is red riding hood. The designer paper is the new Bella Rose collection.

4 comments:

philippine lotto result said...

To the author of this blog,I appreciate your effort in this topic.

Colleen said...

Isn't this the best punch? I've been playing with it since I got it. I had some friends over for scrapbooking and they loved although they did mention I was obsessed when they saw the number of punches that I had.

Colleen said...

Edit to my comment, ha.ha they didn't loved--They loved it meaning the scallop punch.

Dawn said...

love the ric rac tip for su scallop punch it is on my wish list for my su show later this month... thanks for sharing, i had to share your blog at a scrap list to share your cool idea because i wanted them to see your neat inspiration. have a nice day, take care and blessings, dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...