Three Generations portrait

This is one of the most emotional layouts that I've made in a while. Truth is, it's taken me over a week to make it. I really wanted to make the layout about how much I appreciate my Mom now that I'm a mother. How do you describe the love that you have for your Mother and Daughter? I have had a hard time finding the words. It's been great reflecting on the gratitude that I have for both of them, and sometime soon I'll add journaling to this layout. I did leave tons of room for the words, I just have to find them.
The portrait was taken on my Mom's birthday, when she was living in Windsor. Rachel and I surprised her with a trip to see her, and we got a bunch of portraits taken that day. I love them!

For the easy part - this layout. Holy Cripes is this new Bella Rose designer paper sexy! All three of the designer papers used on this layout come from that collection. It's being released next month. I used a bunch of red rhinestone brads and flowers from my rarely-used pretties kit. Not that I don't love the pretties, I just use them on those very very special layouts. The colours used on this layout are from the new 2008 in-colour collection. I used Red Riding hood and Pink Pirouette.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a great page!!! I am so conscious of taking pictures of generations when we're all together so I can make pages just like this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...