A really great day (despite the gloomy rain)

Today was such a nice day. I had a meeting at the local library about my DIY Card Classes for 2009. I also had a great day on the AM980 Radio Station's website. Then, I got an email from Rebecca Wheeler and Corinne (roxy) about my SCS tutorial - I completely forgot that it would be published today. I wrote it back in August. The scallop edge punch is so awesome and it does so much more than just a scallop edge. See my previous tutorial about the "two boob corner" and how to make ric rac.So what was the absolute best thing that has happened to me today? My little girl said "Hi Mom" for the first time. She's been saying "Hi Dad" for weeks. I just stared at her and could feel the tears welling up. I think that I'll remember that moment forever... I feel a scrapbook page coming on. For 15 years I never thought that I would be able to have children and she just amazes me daily. In just 18 days she will be turning one! So I'll say it again - today was such a nice day!
video
Edited: It's 7:45pm. I can't believe that it happened! Rachel just walked up and down the couch after a leaf from outside.... this happened about an hour ago. Oh my gosh. I'm posting this online because Jamie is in Toronto visiting his best friend and missed it. I'm freaking out! Life certainly has changed!

10 comments:

sue M said...

Yay! I DID IT!! after about my 3rd or 4th attempt, it came out. I had to cut my square though 3" X 3" and then the corners would stay together. Thankyou for such an awesome tutorial!! Now I have a new technique. = o )

Rebecca said...

so precious alesha!!

rebecca wheeler said...

congrats..your tutorial is so easy to follow...I have directed lots of my customer's to your blog to check out your ideas...thanks for sharing...see you at the meeting...Rebecca

ScrappyHappy said...

What a sweet thing to capture on video! I love your Two Boob Corner! I don't know how I missed that! Beautiful card!

Carla said...

that is just incredible...

Beate said...

What a great day! How sweet that your daughter said Hi Mom.
Thanks again for writing the tutorial for SCS. Everyone loves it.
Hugs and smiles

Tracy Greven said...

Great tutorial Alesha,
Also, congrats on the "hi mom" moment and the video is just priceless !!! Enjoy it !!!

corinnesomerville said...

Great tutorial, sweetie !!!! The video made me cry !!! How completely and utterly adorable and wonderful is that !!!!
Congrats on a great day my friend !

9kids said...

What a fantastic day, Alesha! The tutorial was great (I had already seen it and then hopped over here to congratulate you), and then I saw your (daughter's) video. Congrats!

Terri said...

How adorable! My little man turned one today. I can't believe how fast that year went.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...