Scrapbook Club Layout - Autumn Layout in Rust

The title on this layout says: "Autumn is like a second Spring where every leaf is a flower". Isn't that a beautiful saying? I really enjoyed making this layout because I really love to use my wheels. I also got to break out my big shot. We used the large scallop circle die to make the scallop circle accents on the layout and this is where I did all of my journaling. I have been really trying to focus on using my own handwriting and printing in my layouts. I was scrapping in the summer with a lovely lady who has limited use of her fingers due to arthritis and she said that what she misses most about scrapbooking is the ability to write down her memories herself. That really stuck with me. It doesn't matter how badly you think you write - it's how you are - and I want that recorded as much as my memories as well.

I made a bunch of nice and quick accents on this layout. First, we used the Whimsy wheel with Artichoke ink on the layout to make a design on the paper. Then I used Sahara Sand ink on my kraft card stock and I stamped leaves all over, punched out some simple squares and lined them up alongside some photos. I love how symmetrical they are.

I also stamped the leaves on the Kraft card stock that we used to make the large scallop circles. Sometimes I just don't like my paper plain and a subtle stamp in the background works well. We sponged the edges of the circle to give it a weathered look.

Recipe:
Card Stock: 12x12 Really Rust, Kraft, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip ink pad, Always Artichoke Wheel cartridge
Stamps: With Gratitude, Whimsy Wheel, Schoolbook Serif Alphabet.
Accessories: Big Shot & Large Scallop Circle, Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponges, Largest Square Punch

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...