Build-a-Bear workshop SANTA BEARS!

I issued a challenge to all of the demos attending the Big Quarterly meeting last night to make a bear using the "beary merry" dies - basically to make and decorate a bear wearing Santa's outfit. Now, I didn't tell them any restrictions other than it was JUST the bear (no card, layout, boxes) and it had to use only Stampin' Up material... I even let them come over to cut out the shapes if they needed.
So these were the two entries that I made for the contest. It was wonderful to see everyone else's entries! I made my male santa out of Close to Cocoa card stock which I cut with the Stampin' Up "Bear" die. I then cut out two sets of clothes - one set in Chocolate chip and the other set in Ruby Red. I cut these out with the Beary Merry die for the Big Shot. I did a LOT of sponging on all pieces of card stock. I used three vintage brads for his buttons. He's just so adorable and I can't wait to put him into a scrapbook layout. I made two of him, just because I wanted to keep one. For the Santa Bear Challenge, the winner got to keep all of the entries.

This is the female Santa Bear that I made. I made her a polar bear, just to be a little different. I cut her body out of "confetti white" and her clothes out of pretty in pink card stock and regal rose card stock. I didn't do a lot of sponging on her, but I did add a little blush and eyeshadow to her using my pastels. I really had to tone down the colour of the pastels because she looked like a hooker when I first applied the pastel. I used silver brads for her jacket buttons and I used pretty in pink brads (from the Soft Subtles collection) for a decoration on her shoes. Lastly, I wanted to give her a little bling, so I made a fancy belt buckle out of the Styled Silver hodgepodge hardware kit - isn't it perfect?

Last night at the Demonstrator meeting - a few awesome things happened for the ladies I went with. First - Kristine won the MDS DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING SOFTWARE!!! I am completely thrilled for her and I can't wait to see her whole wedding book digitally scrapbooked! AH! Next - Angie won a stamp set! Caroline won a package of in-colour paper, an ink pad and matching reinker - Yeah for Caroline! Danielle won a cool Decor Elements to decorate her laptop - plus she won the SANTA BEAR CHALLENGE - with her Elvis bear. And Anne won a stamp set too! Oh my gosh I was so excited for all of the girls who won something! I got to bring home some new rubber as well - and a 2nd set of the 3D item swap. I can't wait to share everything with you - but that will have to happen later - I have a midterm to study for and I hope that I can retain the info!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...