Pumpkin Scrapbook - I'm using it as my centerpiece today!

I decided to make something for our centerpiece at the table this year rather than buying flowers that always die WAY too quickly. This is the adorable little pumpkin scrapbook that I made.

It's a beautiful big pumpkin that I die cut using the Big Shot. I used the largest scallop circle die to form the pumpkin cards (I cut 7/8 of the scallop circle but not all of it, that's how the folded cards were made). Then I adhered all of the cut cards together to form the pumpkin shape. I used Pumpkin Pie card stock and I sponged the edge of all of the pumpkin pages with Pumpkin Pie ink. I love that it's shaded - I originally didn't do that and I'm glad that I added it in!

Once I had all of the pages, I took a piece of Old Olive card stock and rolled it around a pen to shape it into a long thick tube - I stuck this through the middle of the pumpkin for a stem (and it's also a good support at the base).

I did do a little stamping inside the Pumpkin Pages. The stamp set that I used is called Autumn Harvest, and you can see one of the images on the page with Rachel and I on it. I stamped all of the images in Pumpkin Pie ink and I did my journaling in Chocolate Chip.

When I made this book, I wanted it to be a reflection of everything that I'm thankful for - so I made a page for every person that means the most to me - a page for Jamie, one for Rachel, one for my Mom, another for my Dad, one for my adorable neices, my nephew, and my in-laws. The last Pumkpin Page is for "the memories" that I've shared with my family - and it has a photo of my brother and I when we were quite young - I think that he was 18 months old and I was probably around 3yrs old. It's the page at the very top of this post. All of the photographs in the Pumkpin Scrapbook were cut out with the Bigz Clear circle die. It was so easy - I could see where on the photo I was cutting and that really helped me to get the photographs centered well.

The last thing that I did to embellish the scrapbook was to make a bunch of adorable Punch Acorns. I made these using the "ornament" punch, the large oval punch and the wide oval punch. It was seriously easy to make these, and I thank Ellen for the easy directions on how to make these.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful long weekend! I sure have been! My best friend flew in from Vancouver and we surprised her with a HUGE 30th birthday party. Her birthday is actually the same day as Rachel's birthday, but she won't be in town then, so we did a Big Bash last night. It was so fun - then she surprised us all by letting us know that she's expecting her first. I was so happy and was crying with joy for her! She's been trying for a long time and I'm so happy for her and her husband! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Ellen Kemper said...

What a clever centerpiece!

And thanks for the link to my blog - the acorn was a good embellishment for you darling mini scrapbook.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...