Boo! That's scary!

I was inspired to make this by two people - one is Jule Ebersole who is a very talented stamper and she made a card similar to this. I love it! Also - my Daughter, Rachel, because she likes to say "boo - that's scary" to everything! It's really cute. So I made up this fantastic and fun card earlier in the month so we could give them to her friends. How adorable!

This is a piece of plain 8.5x11 cardstock that was strategically cut at the bottom so the fold is not completely perpendicular - it is slightly top heavy... then we cut out the door and lined it with some white "faux stitching" detail that I made with the White gel pen. I punched out the pumpkin with the sizzlets pumpkin die and the pumpkin faces. The pumkpin has been sponged for extra shading, and then we did some faux stitching on this as well.

The little door has a doorknob that was made with an old olive brad. The crooked windows were cut by hand - I just sort of eyeballed the measurements.

On the inside of the card I put my sentiment. Instead of stamping it like I usually would, I decided to break out my new Simple Letters Bigz die and cut the letters out of the Cast-a-Spell designer series papers. I did some more stitching around the letters here as well. I love love love how the stitching accents the letters and just makes them pop against the black! Lastly, I cut out the "that's scary" letters with the Naturally Serif alphabet set using Whisper White card stock. I put this onto some going grey cardstock. I was just going to leave the going grey off - but when the card is closed and you open the door - it just looks nicer if there's something back there. I think that I might like to stamp a skeleton there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...