I had one of those days... so I scrapped it

I think that every Mom has had one of these days.  Last Friday Rachel and I spent the whole day together - it was a better day for me physically and we took advantage of it and had tickle fights, chased each other around the house, played peek-a-boo, the hokey pokey, and goofed around colouring and yelling into toilet paper rolls "chugga chugga choo choo! It was just a fun day.

We didn't get any chores done and I didn't care.  It was a rare day and we took advantage of it.

We were laying on the floor in my bedroom investigating with flashlights what was in the closet and under the beds - when we got laughing about something.  It was the green glow-in-the-dark spider left over from Halloween.  Then it happened.  When we calmed down from laughing we just sort of stared at each other.  Deeply.  And when looking into the eyes of a 2 year old, it's a miracle when they hold your gaze and let out a sigh.  We don't have a lot of carefree days.  Truly, I hate that.  It pains me to think of all of the playing that we don't get to do with each other because of my neck problems.  But we just laid there, staring at each other and it seemed like time just stopped.  She softly said "lub you mom" and I just bawled uncontrollably - but with a huge smile on my face.



Thanks for stopping by - Have a wonderful day!


Alesha

To order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, Please click HERE.
I appreciate your business!

4 comments:

Amie L said...

Oh Alesha, what a great day. And a beautiful memory for you both!

Jane said...

Never been to your blog before, but I just love the sound of the day you have had. Wish I had more of those with my youngest!! Lovely site, will be back.

EmilyB said...

Awww. . . you had to go and make me start bawling, too! Hold on to those baby days. . . they grow up so fast. Our oldest is a senior in high school now. . . It just seems like yesterday he was two.

Such a beautiful scrapbook page. Lovely.

connie d said...

What a great day you had with your little one! Yes, hold on to those days because they won't last forever. Don't feel badly about not getting chores done. The house will still be there when Rachel is all grown up. Thanks for sharing today! Oh, and you made me tear up, too. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...