Christmas Tin for holding cards


 Jamie asked me to make up a little gift for one of his co-workers, Arlene, who lives just around the corner from us.  She is such a sweetheart and they carpool together every morning.  I was wondering what to make her and I decided on a card tin, filled with cards for the year, and decorated fancy.

The card tin is made by Provo craft and you can get them at practically any craft store that sells scrapbooking storage.  I took a bunch of fun and festive ribbon and tied tons of it on with big chunky knots. The ribbons that I used were all in Real Red by Stampin Up - I used Gingham ribbon, double-stitched, Polkadotted, Mistletoe Ribbon, and striped ribbon.  I love that they are all matching red.


On the inside, I lined it with Real Red card stock and clipped the edges with my tag corner punch so it would fit nicely inside the lid.  Inside the Card tin, I put a whole bunch of cards - some are birthday, thank-you, get well, and a whole bunch of Christmas cards too!  I hope that Arlene likes this.

The lid was also decorated with a sheet of designer paper from the Merry Moments collection.  I lined the edge of the lid with Mellow Moss Grosgrain ribbon and two mellow moss buttons.  The ribbons wouldn't stay on with regular adhesive, so I put them on with Crystal Effects instead which is a lot like Krazy Glue for crafting.


The base of the tin also uses two different sheets of paper from the Merry Moments collection. I wrapped a long strand of ribbon around the tin placing it over the area where the two papers meet.  I like to cover that seam to stop it from fraying and also to prevent any crazy paper cuts.  Paper cuts from designer paper are so much more nasty than from regular paper.  Once I had the sides covered, I added on a large scalloped oval frame that I cut out using the Big Shot and the Scallop Oval Bigz die.  I cut out two of these, one in red and one in white and layered them to create this.  I then used my White gel pen to add polka-dotted accents onto the red scallop oval frame.   


Lastly, I added the word JOY to the scallop oval frame.  I cut it out using the Simple Letters dies for the Big Shot and Garden Green Card stock.  I used my white gel pen to add faux-stitching around the letters as well.  If you would like to have one of these made for you, please contact me and I'll get to work.  The cost would be $35.00 and would include the tin, decorated as shown, and filled with 10 cards for the year. 

Thanks for stopping by - Have a wonderful day!


Alesha

To order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, Please click HERE.
I appreciate your business!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...