Quarterly Meeting recap #1: Floral Brooches

Oh these floral brooches were the hit of the evening for me.  I have made a few of them, but only in felt.  I would have never thought of doing them in demin and I luv luv luv that idea!  So guess what my Mom and I will be doing this week?  Destroying some old jeans and making a few - I'm going to make some brooches for me and I'm going to make a floral headband for Rachel.  Oh, and I might make Rachel another little purse and put one of these on it - how freaking cute would that be?  A demin purse with a flower on it and a matching headband with a flower on it?  She better wear it.

This is made with the Big shot to die cut the fabric and the Flower folds Bigz die.  The Big shot will easily cut through two layers of demin.  Now- I have several issues about cutting paper with this die, because the lines that score do NOT line up with the blades that cut the petals... not even close (sometimes 3/8" out???) and I've had 4 replacements now.  But - it is fabulous for cutting fabric and that is something that I LOVE to do.  Thanks to Rebecca for a fabulous presentation to all of the demos - and for giving me a great new project to do this week.


Thanks for stopping by - Have a wonderful day!
Alesha

To order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, Please click HERE.
I appreciate your business!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Andrea, thanks for your kind comments...would you mind sending me the photos you took...I don't have any....I had fun...and I appreciate your support....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...