Happy Valentine's Day to you all! Canada's first Bronze Medal!

This is SO my kind of card - simple to make and striking as well!  I love how the background has partial embossing (with the dots embossing folder) and how the butterflies are also embossed.  I find it so hard to make a card without a layer somewhere of white/ivory so it would have been hard for me to make this, but I really like it! 

Today I get to give Jamie his Valentine's day gift and I can't wait!   I got him a leather jacket and it's going to look so hot on him!  Rachel also got him a little present too - we're going to leave that a little surprise for a while!  OH - and a huge congrats to Canada's Bronze Medalist, Kristina Groves!  Thanks for stopping by - Have a wonderful day!


Alesha

To order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, Please click HERE.
I appreciate your business!

5 comments:

Jennifer Headlee said...

I love this card! How did you get the embossed dots just in that space?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Lorene I said...

Great card! I may have to CASE this some day.

Alesha Walls said...

Hi Jennifer,
The embossed section is actually just a layer on top of the plan black card base - it is adhered really well so it gives the illusion of being partially embossed, however it's actually a whole different layer. Pretty cool, eh?

Jennifer Headlee said...

Alesha, thanks for answering. That is cool. I would like your permission to use this card in my club workshop and as a swap with my demo group. I enjoy your art and thanks so much for sharing with all of us!

Thanks,
Jennifer

Alesha Walls said...

Hi Jennifer,
This was a card that I received in a swap, so I can't really give "permission", however I really don't see a problem with case'ing it - I will let the demo who mailed me this know and I know that she'd be flattered if you copied her.

Lesh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...