Last week Jamie and I were guests at our dear friend's wedding.  We were so happy to be among the guests at Jeff and Laraine Lavigne's marriage.  It was so intimate, wonderful, loving and Jeff's speech at the reception brought all of us to tears.  He wears his heart on his sleeve and loves to talk about it!  We just love Laraine and are so happy that her and Jeff are finally married.  She just fits in so well with us all. 

This was the card that I made for them.  It really isn't at all a typical wedding card that I would make, but I just went with the flow and this is what I created.  Kind of bright for a wedding and it definitely captured the mood of the festivity.  The card base is Summer Sun, the polka dot paper is real red, and the medallion is Whisper White. 

I had cut the medallion after I stamped it because I just didn't like the way it looked when it was punched out.  The hat pin was made with beads and pearls from the Pretties Kit.  I used organza ribbon on the hat pin and gingham ribbon on the card.  The ribbon is slightly longer than the card and attached with a Rhinestone Brad.  All of the stamping that I did on this card was from the Together Forever Stamp set.  Oh - actually the "L" is from the Lovely Letters stamp set.  I shaded in some of the flowers at the top with a Summer Sun marker - love the effect of colour-on-colour there!  The Gingham ribbon came in handy - it's wrapped right around the card and I used it to hold the money in place inside the card. 

Inside the card I wrote:
May this special day you share
Be filled with love and laughter
May all the days ahead
Be happy ever after



Thanks for stopping by - Have a wonderful day!
Alesha

To order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, Please click HERE to visit my store.
I truly appreciate your business!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...