I loved it so much I copied it. Vellum in My Digital Studio

I saw this layout over on another website and I loved it so much that I had to copy it!

The background of this layout uses 12x12 Soft Flowers designer paper in Always Artichoke.  I used the Vintage Overlays brush set to put a faint pattern on the edges of the layout.  This layout is just beautiful and I'd like to tell you about a few things on it that I've never tried before with the MDS software.  First is the MEGA button that I used on the background.  I increased the size of the button to 11x11.  Now, it does pixelate (distort) the image of the button, but I wanted something a little fuzzy and cute looking, so I'm fine with it being distorted.  The regular size of the button is shown up in the middle of the satin ribbon - so it's increased vastly which is so cool!

Second - I finally figured out how to make a paper that looks like vellum with MDS.  I made my vellum with a punch in MDS and shown on the left is the Punch Panel on the MDS software.

  • Step 1 - I put a matte on the punched image.  I altered it so it was a white matte and then I made the thickness to size 4.
  • Step 2 - I put a black shadow on the image.  I made it 75% filled.
  • Step 3 - I changed the colour of the paper to "going grey"
  • Step 4 - I set the opacity of the image to 40% making it 40% see-though.

And - that's it.  I hope that was easy enough for you.  Please let me know if you would like to see more tips on using the MDS software.






Thanks for stopping by - Have a wonderful day!  Alesha
To order Stampin’ Up! Products click HERE to visit my store. Orders placed through the store qualify for hostess benefits and are shipped directly to your door.  I truly appreciate your business!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alesha, I have admired your MDS layouts before (Olympic ones!), so niw I have a question. Have you printed them, and if so where did you get them printed? As a fellow Ontarian ( I am in T.O), I figured I will ask you!
I have made a bunch, but not tried to print any off.
Diane Cooper
diane7@rogers.com

Joyce said...

Darling pics and love how you did this layout!

Jennipher said...

Very nice. Love how this turned out. And the little one is such a princess.

2stampis2b said...

Awesome job! It really DOES look just like vellum!

Donna Henley said...

Love your vellum tip - can't wait to try it out on MDS! Keep the tips coming!!

Julie - Kewlstamps said...

Great tip Alesha... thanks for sharing:-) I love MDS too! So versatile!

Trish in Wisconsin said...

Thanks for sharing this Technique. It is so very generous of you. I am definitely going to write this down and try it for myself the next time I open up MDS. I just love my MDS and once I start using it I am usually in there for hours on end and lose track of all time. hee, hee. I would love to have more Tips and Tricks from you, I just crave all of the info I can get with this program.

I have a question that maybe you can help me with...a while back I took an online class for MDS and now the site that houses the classes is not going to hold them keep them anymore. I only have until August 14th to Download all of the Classes (Video's and Pdf Files) to my computer or to a CD. I do not know how to do this...can you please be of some help to me? Should I put all of the Classes (the Instructor has given us permission to do so) on a CD by themselves with the Pdf Files? or should I download them all to my computer? I do not know how to download a Video from the internet. I hate to sound dumb here, it may be very simple, and I am really quite computer smart, but I am drawing a blank here. What do I have to do...step by step...to Download about 28 Video Classes and Pdf Files? I have right clicked on the Video, but it does not give me the option to "save as", this is what is confusing me. Thanks in advance for any help that you may be of to me. You can email me if you would like at rhoffman at wi dot rr dot com I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for taking the time to read my comment.

Cyber hugs, Trish in Wisconsin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...