Scrapbooking Classes: Layouts for girly girls


Yesterday I taught a class on "Scrapbook layouts for daughters" and I advertised that it was going to be 4 12x12 girly girl layouts.  This was the first two layouts - a double spread.  I love having double spreads in my books so they flow together when turning pages.

The base of this layout was two 12x12 sheets of Pink Passion card stock.  The colours that I used to compliment this are lovely lilac and almost amethyst.  The designer paper is from the "sweet pea" package of paper - this is a HUGE pack that has over 40 sheets of paper.  The stamp sets that I used on this layout are "dreams du jour", "ticker tape alphabet", and "jumbo outline alphabet".  They were all stamped in Pink Passion classic ink. 

For embellisments on this layout we made some card stock butterflies using the Big Shot.  The die that I used is a Stampin' Up exclusive die called "beautiful butterflies" - the amethyst butterflies were then dry embossed with the big Shot and the "Petals a plenty" embossing folder.  We fastened the butterflies to the layout with some circle rhinestone brads.  I used the teal rhinestone brads because they matched my shirt in the photos.  We also used some little strips of Pretty in Pink striped grosgrain ribbon.  I just love how the dry embossing ads fun details to the butterflies and the lilac decorative strips.  The last thing that we did was use some fancy border punches on the strips.  We used both the eyelet border punch and the scallop trim border punch.


Thanks for stopping by - Have a wonderful day! 
Alesha

To order Stampin’ Up! Products click HERE to visit my store.
Orders placed through the store qualify for hostess benefits and are shipped directly to your door.  I truly appreciate your business!

1 comment:

Diane Gilbert said...

What a great page layout, this is a girly girl page!!! Thanks for playing along with our Creative Corner this week!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...