Happy Fathers Day! My "homemade recipe" Scrapbook:

This was a recipe I could handle putting together - 3 simple ingredients and easy instructions.  Not to say that I didn't burn the first dozen, but the 2nd dozen turned out great.  I sure have awful baking skills. These are the cookies that we made yesterday to give to Jamie today for Father's Day.  He's such a wonderful Dad and I hope that we can spoil him today.



I don't know if all mother's do this or not, but I'm working on a two decade-long recipe book that I'm eventually going to give to Rachel in the form of a scrapbook.  I am going to do a layout, with photos and a recipe of all of the dishes, desserts, salads, etc that I commonly make.  Along with the recipes I am going to put photos of us either making or eating the recipes.  I love the photos of her while she's young trying to stir and play with utensils, and I'm sure when she's older the photos will be just as neat.  The baking layouts will be rare, but this one will make it in the book.  I've got 14 recipes already done, and I'm sure that I'll have hundreds of them done for her over the next several years.  I'll get them bound into a book and give them to her when she moves out.  Not that I want her to anytime soon... we'll revisit how I feel about that when she's a teenager.


The above layout was made with the My Digital Studio software.  I used the "Geometric Lines" designer paper on this layout (shown on the left).  Some of the skinny strips of designer paper on this layout actually look like ribbon and I LOVE LUV LOVE that look. 




Thanks for visiting with me today - pop back tomorrow to see what's new!  Alesha   

Order your Stampin’ Up! Products HERE at my store.
Orders placed online qualify for hostess benefits and are shipped directly to your door by UPS.  I truly appreciate your business!  
 
The New Summer Mini Catalogue was released May 1 2010 
Curl up with one today & see all of the great new Stampin' products!  

3 comments:

Weight Loss Success Stories said...

Wish you happy Father's day 2010 and also for all my friends.

Janet, Acts of Sweetness Ambassador said...

What a cutie! I couldn't resist sharing the photos by linking them on our Redpath Facebook Fanpage.

I love what you do-your scrapbook workshops look so fun-I absolutely love photos and wish I had the creative powers you posses!

If you have any more baking photos we'd love it if you would post them on our page.

Liz said...

I haven't done a recipe scrapbook for my kids, but that is a brilliant idea! I'm in the process of making a recipe box for my sister with mom's tried and true recipes that I've gotten over the years, and also some of my favourites. Now you've got me wanting to make them for my kids too... and MDS is perfect because it's easy to make 2 copies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...