Fairy tale girl - Cinderella



This is another one of the fairy tale girls that I've made with the Greeting Card Kids stamp set.  I just love this.  Can you guess who it is - Yep, it's Cinderella.  Now wouldn't this just be the perfect invitation to a ball for her to get?  It's a celebration - but only if she came?  Seriously, I adore this!

So there's a few things about this card that I did to tie it in to the Cinderella theme.  First is the punching at the bottom.  I originally wanted the bottom of the card to look like a black and white tile floor - kind of like the floor that she would've had to mop for her wench of a step-mom (oops, used the W-word).  But when I did it in squares, it looked like a race car card.  So I switched it to punched out flowers using the trio-punches.  I like the effect so much more.  The other thing that I did on this was to highlight her dress.  You really have to look closely at the dress but the whole thing GLITTERS!!!  After I water-coloured the dress I used the Smootch Pearlized accent ink in "illuminate" and painted over top of the blue - the whole dress just glows in this beautiful fairy tale look.  I hope that it reminds you of Cinderella.  I just love reading this fairy tale to Rachel at night so this has special meaning to me.  Have a wonderful day!!

Recipe for this card:
Stamp sets: Greeting Card kids, Afterthoughts hostess set
Card Stock: Watercolour paper, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Versamark, Basic Black, Marina Mist, More Mustard, Real Red.
Accessories: Trio Punch Pack, Satin Black ribbon, Paper snips, Black Embossing powder, Smootch pearlized accent ink - illuminate top coat.

Thank you for visiting my blog today!
New Catalogue information:
Get one free by joining into one of my clubs or hostessing a Stampin' Party
View it online by clicking the image on the left
Purchase a catalogue for $8 - Local pickup or delivery.  Shipping is extra
Ordering information:
Contact me through this link to place an order
Visit my online store to place an order.  It will ship directly to you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...