Snow White, Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks

I hope that you don't mind a nice long post this morning!
First, this stamp set called Greeting Card Kids, is the most beautiful stamp set that I've seen Stampin' Up! make in ages.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  I had this idea as soon as I saw the set - to make a series of "Fairy Tale girls" out of the stamped images.  Today I will show you three of them - Snow White, Goldilocks and Red Riding Hood.  I hope that you like them.

Red Riding Hood was, according to the story, on her way to deliver food to her sick grandmother.  So I thought I would make a "get well" card with the girl from the tale. I just love how easy she was to watercolour.  I prefer to watercolour after embossing my images because they just shade better.

Recipe for this card:
Stamp set: Greeting Card kids
Card Stock: Watercolour paper, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango and Whisper White
Inks: Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, Versamark ink pad, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Heat Gun, Black Embossing Powder, Aqua painters, Chit Chat Rub-ons, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Perfect Polka dots textured impressions folder, ticket corner punch, sponges & dimensionals.

I did put the rub-on over top of the embossed area, however I did flatten out the selected dots underneath the sentiment before I applied the rub-on.  Otherwise I don't think that it would have adhered properly.  With the photography it's a little hard to see that she has orange hair - I used Tangerine Tango for her hair.  I just think that red heads look wonderful in red dresses!

Goldilocks was a crazy dumb girl who ate the food of the Three Bears.  Really - who steals food from a bear?  That's a deathwish... so I was thinking that a sentiment about "Remember when I did that stupid thing...." was appropriate for this card.  Kind of tongue in cheek.This is what I came up with:

Recipe for this card:
Stamp sets: Greeting Card Kids, Word Play, Elements of Style, Sanded Background stamp
Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Watercolour Paper
Inks: Versamark ink pad, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist
Accessories: Heat Gun, Black embossing powder, Aqua painters, Soft Suede polka-dotted grosgrain ribbon (retired), Smootch pearlized accent ink "illuminate top coat".  Please note - I created the "designer paper" with layers of stamps and sponging.  I used the smootch pearlized accent ink on the heart that she's holding - I can't even tell you how much this glimmers and sparkles in real life.  This stuff rocks!!


Lastly today, is the poor damsel in distress who has to wait (and wait and wait) sleeping in a box for her true love to kiss her and wake her up.  Yes, it's Snow White and I just really LOVE LOVE LOVE the sentiment that is on this card.


Recipe for this card:
Stamp set: En Francais, Greeting Card Kids, Word Play
Card stock: Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Basic Grey, Whisper White, Watercolour paper
Inks: Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Basic Grey, More Mustard, Poppy Parade
Accessories: Sponges, Heat Gun, Black Embossing Powder, Dimensionals and the ticket corner punch.

On this card, I used markers to shade in different colours on the sentiment.  It looks a lot bolder in real life. I don't know if you can tell, but I gave her pretty pink cheeks too.


Don't you just love these?
Pop by tomorrow to see some more. 




Thank you for visiting my blog today!
New Catalogue information:
Get one free by joining into one of my clubs or hostessing a Stampin' Party
View it online by clicking the image on the left
Purchase a catalogue for $8 - Local pickup or delivery.  Shipping is extra
Ordering information:
Contact me through this link to place an order
Visit my online store to place an order.  It will ship directly to you.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks Alesha! I just started following.
www.stampinsentiments.blogspot.com

krisitne said...

oh my goodness Alesha, they are absolutely brilliant and beautiful. I love what you did with one stamp. Such versatility

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...