Quick Christmas Card using the "sparkly and bright" stamp set. News: He's a runner!

I saw a card similar to this online somewhere and adapted it to what it looks like here.  This is one of the cards that we've been making at my Christmas events this month.  It's fun, quick, and adorable - everything you want in a card you're mailing out.  If you would like to purchase any of the items to make this card at home, here's the recipe:

Recipe for this card:
Card stock: Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, real red marker
Stamp set: Sparkly and Bright
Accessories: Scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch

Family News:
My awesome hubby decided about 3 months ago to get out and run.  I turned him on to a running program called "Couch to 5k" which is a running program designed to get people from the point of getting off the couch to running 5k in 9 weeks.  It is a wonderful program - it has podcasts that you can download that will walk you through every minute of training.  The man who designed the podcasts, Robert, is wonderful easing people into running.  If you've ever thought about it, I strongly suggest his podcasts and the online support forum for beginners.  Well, Jamie slipped them on his MP3 player - and he was off.  Well, a few short months later and....

I am so proud of him!  I just love him so much and was so happy to see him running to the finish line with a smile on his face.  I just wanted to cry I was so proud (but his friend Matt was there and I didn't want to seem like a wimp) but I did tear up.  Rachel was yelling "Go Daddy, Go Daddy" when she saw him coming.  This is a photo of him, taken yesterday, crossing the finish line at his first ever race.  It was a 5km race and he did it in just under 28 minutes - a personal best for him!  The best part was that he placed 9th overall which is so amazing!

Recipe for this layout:
Software: My Digital Studio
Designer Papers: Geometric Lines (add-on)
Stamps: Sentimental Journey, letters (add-on)
Kit: Write stuff (add-on)
Colours: Soft Suede and Early Espresso
Also needed: 1 super good looking runner, LOL!

If you would like to purchase items to make this project please visit My Online Store.  I appreciate your business!

3 comments:

Patti said...

Congrats to your hubby and to you for doing such a great job scrapping it.

Jamie Adcock said...

Congrats Jamie! I, too, am working the C25K program. I can't wait to run my first 5K.

Tina said...

Love the layout, and what a great story. Congrats to your hubby. Just found your blog from SCS (scrapping group). You have some fab projects here.
Tina
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...