My Digital Studio - MDS Blog Hop - Back to school theme.... Waaaay back

Welcome to our first My Digital Studio Blog Hop! I've joined up with a bunch of other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators, Digital Divas, to show you a bunch of great "Back to school" themed projects that have all been made with the My Digital Studio software.  Since I don't have any school aged children I chose to go WAAAY back to school - the photos I chose were from a visit to an 1888 Replica Classroom that I took a few weeks ago at our Local Children's Museum.

Back to School scrapbook layout
 
When Rachel and I arrived at the Classroom she was awestruck.  She's starting school in September and loved to be able to sit in a desk, see the old chalkboard and flip through the old books.  She had a thirst to know what everything on the pages were - it was an old dictionary from 1888 - and we went through the book until she was finished.  It was so much fun to watch her flip through it.  Her classroom in September won't look like this one at all, but it was wonderful to see how interested in school she is.

Downtown Grunge kit
Recipe for this layout:
On this layout I used the Downtown Grunge kit for the background paper, the designer paper accents, the antiqued photo mattes and the digital tape.  The kit is fantastic.  I also used crochet trim ribbon along the bottom.  I used the label from the stamp brush set "Certified".  I used the picker tool to colour match the label and the text to the designer papers.  The font that I used on this layout is called "Veteran Typewriter".

If you'd like to see another "back to school MDS project" just scroll down to my post from 3 days ago to see Samantha's University journal


Hey Blog Hoppers -
I would like to invite you hop on over to these other wonderful blogs to check out the other My Digital Studio projects today.  They are just fantastic!  Each Friday we will be offering a new theme and I hope that you pop back weekly to check them all out.




3. Mandy Grant  

4. Amber Meadows   


6. Cindy Schuster       

7. Erica Shaw    

8. Heather Summers   




Have a wonderful day, Alesha 
If you would like to purchase any Stampin' Up! products please visit the online store here and specify "Alesha Walls" as your demonstrator to receive preferred pricing. Please note that the shipping fees are waived for all digital purchases. I appreciate your support and business!

8 comments:

Christyne - Stampin' UP!® Demonstrator said...

Alesha! This is FANTASTIC!!! I have admired your work for quite some time and am THRILLED that you are part of this blog hop!

Mandy Grant said...

This is so yummy! Vintage just makes my heart sing and your digital talent, Alesha, has me overjoyed! I'm excited to see what you create each week on the hop.

Jeanna Bohanon said...

This is amazing Alesha! Beautiful as always. Hoping some of your talent will rub off on me during this hop!

Amber Meadows said...

wow - what a great page! I think the elements are perfect!

Cindy Schuster said...

Fantastic vintage page! I have a photo of my elementary school which is over 100 years old and you have given me a great idea. Thanks!

Karen said...

What a great layout! New follower here. TFS!!!

Green Mountain Realty said...

I love vintage, you have given me so many great ideas today, thanks.

Marjorie Gibson said...

I love this page and want to recreate it with some photos of my parents (I am making a photo book to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary). I see in the background you have a lovely overlay on the Downtown grunge paper. Can you tell me the number and name of the download you used?

Thanks so much

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...